Samburu Reserve is especially famous for the almost guaranteed sighting of the 3 big cats: lion, cheetah, and leopard. It bores a natural serenity due to its distance from industry and the inaccessibility of the reserve for many years. This safari will traverse north through the high shoulder of Mountain Kenya to the Game Reserve of Samburu. See the Ewaso Nyiro River which supports a wide variety of game such as elephant, reticulated giraffe, buffalo, grevy’s zebra, oryx and the popularly known, long necked giraffe Gazelle, the gerenuk.
Day 1: Nairobi – Samburu Game Reserve
Depart Wilson Airport in Nairobi en route to Samburu. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel with a game drive en-route.
- 4:00pm Samburu Game Reserve is characterized by vast, open landscapes, dried riverbeds (depending on the season of the year) and red volcanic soil. Rock outcroppings contrast against the dense woodland vegetation along the banks of Ewaso Nyiro the river that gives life to the reserve. Although mostly dry you will be amazed by a variety of wildlife that are residents here from herds of elephants, lions, gravy zebras, reticulated giraffes, leopards among others.
Day 2: Samburu Game Reserve
- Spend your day in Samburu Game Reserve with an early morning and afternoon game drive searching for the big game as well as the famous Samburu special five (gerenuk, grevys zebras, reticulated giraffes, Somali ostrich and beisa oryx. You will watch crocodiles bask on muddy riverbanks and velvet monkeys frolic in the late afternoon sun. In addition, you will have the chance to interact with the Samburu People to learn about their culture.
Day 3: Samburu Game Reserve – Nairobi
- An option of doing a pre-breakfast game drive before going back to the camp for breakfast or; –
- After breakfast, check out and enjoy a short game drive as you head to the airstrip where you will be dropped off for your flight back to Nairobi
- Park Fees (for Non-Residents).
- Daily game drives while on Safari.
- A professional driver/guide.
- 4×4 Land Cruisers or Safari Van.
- All Taxes and VAT.
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Drinking water while on safari (2 liters per person per day)
- Domestic Flights.
- International flights.
- Airport Transfers (Unless mentioned otherwise).
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour (Unless mentioned otherwise).
- Personal Items (Souvenirs, Travel Insurance, Visa Fees, etc.).
- Government imposed increase of Taxes and or Park Fees.
- Any activities not mentioned in the itinerary.